Health & Safety
Red River is committed to preventing all accidents.
A safe workplace is fundamental to our success and to the wellbeing of our employees, contractors and visitors. We are committed to achieving a workplace that is free from harm and supported by a culture which ensures safety is an absolute priority.
To achieve these aims Red River will:
- Meets and strives to exceed statutory requirements and industry standards;
- Ensures leadership is the key driver of zero accident culture;
- Rigorously identiﬁes and control risks;
- Regularly communicates and consults with stakeholders, including contractors and, as appropriate, local communities;
- Is actively involved in the development of practices and procedures;
- Undertakes training and preparedness which is critical to a safe workplace;
- Continually seeks to improve safety management systems and risk management practices; and
- Recognises that everyone’s involvement in health and safety is essential.
Red River seeks to attract and retain the best people, as motivated, skilled and effective people are core to the success of our business.
We will seek to:
- Empower our employees to make decisions and deliver, and reward them when they do and hold them accountable if they do not;
- Back ourselves to resolve technical challenges;
- Encourage, invest in and support our employees to achieve their full potential; and
- Identify the training and development needs of employees and find ways to fulfil those requirements.
We will also seek to:
- Ensure no form of prejudice stands in the way of recruitment, development or promotion opportunities;
- Employ and retain people who share our values and behaviours and actively discourage those who do not; and
- Work to maintain a business environment where individuals feel valued and respected.
Red River believes we need to have the support of the local communities in which we operate, and this support translates into a ‘social licence’ to operate.
In order to achieve this, we seek to be:
- Responsible employers and neighbours;
- Respect the communities we operate in; and
- Strive to make a positive impact through the responsible running of our operations.
We also seek to maximise the economic benefit to the local communities of our operations and activities:
- Local communities capture a share of direct, indirect and induced economic activity to ensure the communities experience net benefits from our operations;
- Wherever possible, seek to source goods and services from the local communities; and
- Maximise employment opportunities within the local communities.